Thursday, November 6, 2008

preserved fruits

Add to Technorati Favorites
In my last Quiapo jaunt, I bought some big apples for my kids. I chosed those apples 'coz they were really big, looked juicy, crunchy, and yummy! At home I was the first one to have a taste (hehehe). I peeled and sliced half of one and decided to bring it with me to work. It tasted bland and paper like, so I decided not to finish even one slice.I learned later that nobody at home did not like the taste of those apples. So everybody snubbed the last apple on the tray.

the apple
It's been a month since I bought those apples, so I was really surprised when I again noticed the last apple on the tray.

another shot of the same apple
It still looked so fresh as if it was just freshly picked! Even the stem looks fresh! Golly! There must be something in that apple for it to look as good as it was when I bought it!

another shot...
I learned that those apples came from C - - - -!

and another...
I don't want to put things in bad light here. But as you can see in the photos of the same apple that I'm writing about, it still looks fresh as if it was just picked hours ago!
I read somewhere, most probably from one of my emails that some commercial fruits are covered with transparent wax to keep them from spoiling faster than their natural shelf life.

No comments: